Wednesday, October 26, 2011

How's the weather?

So do you ever go someplace and see someone you know. I;m not talking like a friend, or a family member. Someone you know, but only because you cross paths with them in life. Say, they are your nurse. For your gyno visits. It is rude to ignore them because they know you. They knoooow you. So you smile, and say hello. I had lunch today with my friend, and as I was walking into the restaurant, there she was. My gyno nurse. She did a little tiny wave, I nodded and smiled. One time I was behind this same person at Wal-Mart. Awkward. I mean, what do you say? “So, how was work?” Yeah, she gets to look at people's va jay jays all day, what do you think it would be like? I mean can you imagine? And here you think YOU are having a bad day? The highlight of her day is getting to wash her hands. Anyyyyway, back to the restaurant. So there she was, I see her, she sees me. Quick hello and that was the end of that. I wonder how many va jay jays she runs into everyplace she goes. Do you think she remembers? I mean, she probably knows so much about sooo many women in the area. And in the area.... I mean, knoooows stuff. I once had my gyno tell me he had a patient who would greet him with a lifesaver for her visit. Down there. For real. The next time I went to see him, I was worried I was just considered average, not a stellar patient, seeing how I didn't bring 'gifts' for him. I figured a high co-pay was enough. I should get to know the nurses name. Right? Or would that just make it weird? Cause then if I know her name, ad I am with someone else and see her again, I would have to introduce her, right? No, I will not learn her name. How does someone get that job? Or WANT that job? I know I know, birthing babies, life beautiful blah blah, but more often than not I would imagine she's just standing around on her feet all day handing the doctor the pipe cleaner, looking at va jayjays and telling people to leave the paper robe on the exam table when they leave. Sometimes I dream about people while at work. Don't you? Maybe dream about your co-workers etc. I wonder if she ever does that? The amount of awkward moments she must find herself in must be astonishing. Or not. My first trip to that kind of doctor I got all worked up. I was so nervous. Who isn't? You would be out of your mind to look forward to going to that doctor for the first time. My mom finally told me “Your nothing special, they see this every day”. That was it? I guess I wasn't that special was I? So now everytime I go, I see that woman standing there, and I think to myself? Eh, I'm not that special. She sees what I got every day all day long. And then I exhale and go back to talking to the doctor about the weather.....

No comments:

Post a Comment